Phone Interview Questions
Here are some typical phone interview questions.
One tip: Don't ever minimize a phone interview. In about 80% of hiring decisions that I have seen, a phone interview was the first step. I have even seen top management positions have phone interviews prior to face to face interviews.
Typically, you first have some screening questions, such as:
- If hired, when are you available to start?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Do you have car insurance?
- Tell me about your salary history?
- Do you have a completed 4 year BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university?
- Why are you leaving your current position?
Then a phone interview might get to some more specific questions like: